This accelerated certificate program is designed to meet the challenges faced by financial planning professionals in the brokerage, insurance, accounting, banking and related fields. The Duke University Executive Certificate in Financial Planning Program fulfills the educational component, one of four requirements of the CFP® certification, established by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. Completion of this certificate program qualifies the student for application for the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Exam.
The topics that comprise this program are:
- The Process of Financial Planning
- Insurance Planning
- Investment Planning
- Income Tax Planning
- Retirement and Employee Benefit Planning
- Estate Planning
- Capstone Case Course in Financial Planning
- Minimum score of 70 achieved for all 6 courses
This certificate is non-credit and does not apply toward a degree.
This course meets on alternating weekends. Please see printable .pdf schedule for exact dates.
- Four-year degree from an accredited university.* Any requests for exceptions to the above admissions requirements must be made in writing to the Program Director. Approval of exceptions are at the discretion of the Program Director.
- Computer literacy and access to a computer
- A valid email account, and fluency in English, including reading and writing.
- Resume or biography
- Tuition paid in full or loan approved prior to start date
*Students with a degree earned from a university outside the United States will need to verify eligibility of their institution with the CFP Board before applying for this program.